Ladakh lies at altitudes ranging from about 9,000 feet (2750m) at Kargil to 25,170 feet (7,672m) at Saser Kangri in the Karakoram. Thus summer temperatures rarely exceed about 27 degree Celsius in the shade, while in winter they may plummet to -20 degree Celsius even in Leh. Surprisingly, though, the thin air makes the heat of the sun even more intense than at lower altitudes.
Trekking in Ladakh is a rewarding experience, it is not enough to be physically fit; trekkers must also be prepared to face the rigors of back country travel. There are considerable fluctuations in day and night temperatures even during the height of summer. While the days are pretty warm, even hot, due to the desert effect of the barren landscape, evenings can become chilly.
The Lamayuru to Alchi trek is one of the most beautiful treks; in difficulty rated moderate to strenuous on account of the high passes that need to be crossed. It includes an exciting crossing of the Tashi-la. It leads through several villages in the Shamdu and Hinju valleys, passing many chortens and mani walls, but mostly through remote areas. At the start of the trek you visit the oldest monastery of Ladakh, Lamayuru, which is reputedly also the most stunning in terms of its site and views.
Here in this quaint civilization sheltered from the winds of change, timelessness; nestling amidst the rugged rock and towering granite surrounded by cultivated patches looking like pure jade, with ancient lamaseries carved into the hillsides, their incense-filled, resplendent interiors throbbing with the haunting chants of incessant prayer and music.
Price includes following services:
1. Accommodation sharing twin at Hotel in New Delhi on Bed & Breakfast basis and Hotel in Leh on full board basis
2. Airport transfers in New Delhi and Leh.
3. Guided sightseeing tour of New Delhi and Leh with applicable entrance fees.
4. Internal flight New Delhi / Leh / New Delhi.
5. Local transportation as per itinerary by private vehicle.
6. Trekking & camping arrangement backed by crew on full board basis.
7. Applicable Permit & Entry Fees.
8. Insurance for crew
Our price does not include followings:
1. International flights to / from New Delhi.
2. India entry visa fees.
3. Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
4. Rescue evacuation in case of emergency.
5. Personal clothing and personal trekking gear including sleeping bag & down jacket.
6. Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
7. Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
8. Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.