Ladakh lies at altitudes ranging from about 9,000 feet (2750m) at Kargil to 25,170 feet (7,672m) at Saser Kangri in the Karakoram. Thus summer temperatures rarely exceed about 27 degree Celsius in the shade, while in winter they may plummet to -20 degree Celsius even in Leh. Surprisingly, though, the thin air makes the heat of the sun even more intense than at lower altitudes.
Stok Kangri a fine trekking peak in Ladakh and an excellent introduction to climbing in the Himalaya Stok Kangri is graded 1A. Stok Kangri is considered to be a suitable 'starter expedition' for fit trekkers. It is an excellent first Himalayan peak and no previous experience of high altitude or mountaineering is required. The expedition would appeal to those that want to trek in the Himalayas but also want more of a challenge with a specific objective. Those that have climbed in the Alps may also feel comfortable tackling their first high altitude peak by a straightforward ascent.
Excellent 12 days itinerary with superb climb, the itinerary gives us opportunity to visit fascinating monasteries in Indus valley and incorporates Spectacular and great monastic Festival at Tak Thok.
Here in this quaint civilizations sheltered from the winds of change, timelessness; nestling amidst the rugged rock and towering granite surrounded by cultivated patches looking like pure jade, with ancient lamaseries carved into the hillsides, their incense-filled, resplendent interiors throbbing with the haunting chants of incessant prayer and music.
Price includes following services:
1. Accommodation sharing twin at Hotel in New Delhi on Bed & Breakfast basis and Hotel in Leh on full board basis
2. Airport transfers in New Delhi and Leh.
3. Guided sightseeing tour of New Delhi and Leh with applicable entrance fees.
4. Internal flight New Delhi / Leh / New Delhi.
5. Local transportation as per itinerary by private vehicle.
6. Trekking & camping arrangement backed by crew on full board basis.
7. Group Climbing Equipment such as Rope, Snow Bar, Ice Screw etc.
8. Support climbing staff assisting in climbing.
9. Applicable Permit & Entry Fees.
10. Insurance for crew.
Our price does not include followings:
1. International flights to / from New Delhi.
2. India entry visa fees.
3. Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
4. Rescue evacuation in case of emergency.
5. Personal clothing and personal trekking & climbing gear including sleeping bag & down jacket.
6. Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
7. Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
8. Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.