Cho Oyu, the world’s sixth highest mountain at 8,201 meters, lies on the Nepal/Tibet border. Interested in seeing how you do above 8000 meters? There is no better testing ground, ease of access and ease of route means that you can save your energy for the climbing. The North West Face, now considered the normal route, is fairly straight forward, with only a couple hundred meters requiring fixed rope.
The success rate on Cho Oyu is higher than any other 8000 meter peak, don’t be fooled though, it is still hard - requiring three camps, including one at 7500 meters. Camp one can usually be reached without climbing on snow. Advanced base camp offers a terrific view over the Nangpa La to Nepal and the Khumbu valley.
The price includes following services:
1. Accommodation sharing twin room at Hotel in Kathmandu for 4 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis.
2. Airport transfers in Kathmandu & Lhasa.
3. Guided sightseeing tour as per itinerary with applicable entrance fees.
4. Hotel / Guest House accommodation in Tibet as per itinerary on full board basis.
5. Transportation by private vehicle.
6. English speaking Tibetan Guide throughout the trip in Tibet.
7. Camping arrangement as per itinerary backed by Nepali Crew at Everest BC, Interim Camp, ABC and Higher Camps on full board basis.
8. All applicable Climbing Permit and Entry Fees.
9. Yak & Yakmen to carry loads between BC-ABC-BC.
10. Transportation Kathmandu – Tibet Border – Kathmandu by private non AC Vehicle.
11. Service of Nepalese Climbing Sherpas with their equipment allowance, daily wages and insurance.
12. Royalty payable to Tibet Government for Nepalese staff.
13. High Altitude Tents, Rations, EPI Gases, Pots and Pans for High Altitude Camps.
14. Walkie Talkie for communication purpose.
15. Supply of Satellite Phone for emergency use.
16. Supply of Medical Kit for emergency use.
17. Tibet Visa Fees.
our price does not include followings:
1. International flights to / from Kathmandu.
2. Nepal entry visa fees.
3. Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu Hotel.
4. Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
5. Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
6. Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
7. Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.
8. Personal clothing and all sorts of personal climbing gear.