Trekking in Ladakh is a rewarding experience, it is not enough to be physically fit; trekkers must also be prepared to face the rigors of back country travel. There are considerable fluctuations in day and night temperatures even during the height of summer. While the days are pretty warm, even hot, due to the desert effect of the barren landscape, evenings can become chilly.
The Markha to Himis trek is one of the most beautiful treks; in difficulty rated moderate to strenuous on account of the high passes that need to be crossed. It includes an exciting crossing of the Zanskar River by trolley at the village of Chiling. It leads through several villages in the Sham and Markha valleys, passing many chortens and mani walls, but mostly through remote areas. At the start of the trek you visit the oldest monastery of Ladakh, Lamayuru, which is reputedly also the most stunning in terms of its site and views.
The beautiful valley of Markha is overshadowed by many spectacular peaks, Stok Kangri (6123m) and notably Kang Yatse (6400m) among others. The walk follows crossing the Kongmaru La (5150m), the highest pass on this trek, the trail passes through Hemis National Park, created to preserve the endangered snow leopard and other wildlife, and finally brings you to Hemis, the richest and most famous monastery of Ladakh, and the conclusion of the trek.
Price includes following services:
1. Accommodation sharing twin at Hotel in New Delhi on Bed & Breakfast basis and Hotel in Leh on full board basis
2. Airport transfers in New Delhi and Leh.
3. Guided sightseeing tour of New Delhi and Leh with applicable entrance fees.
4. Internal flight New Delhi / Leh / New Delhi.
5. Local transportation as per itinerary by private vehicle.
6. Trekking & camping arrangement backed by crew on full board basis.
7. Applicable Permit & Entry Fees.
8. Insurance for crew.
Our price does not include followings:
1. International flights to / from New Delhi.
2. India entry visa fees.
3. Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
4. Rescue evacuation in case of emergency.
5. Personal clothing and personal trekking gear including sleeping bag & down jacket.
6. Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
7. Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
8. Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.