The classic Trans-Himalayan trade route is a long and demanding ride on a road which is certainly amongst the contenders for the title of "the world's wildest highway". Flying to Lhasa gives you time to get acclimatized at the world’s highest capital at 3,600 meter altitude. There is much to see in and around Lhasa, including the stunning Potala Palace, the Jorkhang Temple, and the largest of the Tibetan markets at Barkor. A couple of short easy bike rides around Lhasa will help the group's acclimatization, and will allow to visit some of the many interesting temples and religious sites.
Throughout this trip, the group will have support vehicle in order to keep up with the ambitious schedule as per the itinerary. There are six major passes to be negotiated on the main Lhasa to Kathmandu route as it runs southwards, parallel to the Great Himalayan chain which forms the border with the territories of Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. On the entire trip, the road traverses a high and dry plateau - punctuated by the unforgettable monastery towns of Gyantse, Shigatse and Shegar, and also by several smaller settlements and nomadic Drogpa encampments. An adventurous biking tour which covers most of the best parts of Tibet, a fabulous journey which offers
Awesomely beautiful rock formation, cascades and canyons slightly hidden under the thin mists. With numerous high passes with stunning views of the picturesque landscape, tranquil lakes, rural villages, large meadows with nomad camps scattered all around the overland trip is one of the best in short duration. Enriched by the ancient most lavishly decorated monasteries and temples with chanting saffron coloured monks, ever smiling faces of people and their typical lifestyle all contributes to this trip a memory of your lifetime. A land so rich in culture, tradition and steeped in religion with its unique landscape cast an enchanted spell that holds you in thrill and excitement. A sweeping panoramic flight over the mighty Himalayas includes the breathtaking views of Everest and Makalu.
The price includes following services:
1. Accommodation sharing twin room at Hotel in Kathmandu for 4 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis.
2. Airport transfers in Kathmandu and Lhasa.
3. Guided sightseeing tour as per itinerary with applicable entrance fees.
4. Hotel / Guest House accommodation in Tibet as per itinerary on full board basis.
5. Support Vehicle throughout the trip in Tibet.
6. English speaking Tibetan Guide throughout the trip in Tibet.
7. Camping arrangement backed by Nepali Crew on full board basis.
8. All applicable Travel Permit and Entry Fees.
9. One night camping arrangement at Borderland Resort or similar on full board basis.
10. Flight Kathmandu / Lhasa.
11. Service of Nepali Mountain Biking Guide meeting in Lhasa with his wages, food and accommodation.
12. Applicable Travel Permit and Tibet Visa Fee.
Our price does not include followings:
1. International flights to / from Kathmandu.
2. Nepal entry visa fees.
3. Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu Hotel.
4. Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
5. Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
6. Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
7. Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.
8. Personal clothing and biking gear.
9. Hiring charge of Mountain Bike (if hire from us cost US$ 25 per day – Kathmandu to Kathmandu).