Lhakpa Ri is getting popular as one of the interesting 7,000m peak, it is getting popular not only because its not that very technical but also because it lies very close to Mount Everest. The climb of Lhakpa Ri not only give you the summit success but also provides you the mesmerizing sights of Cho Oyu, Shishapangma, Lhotse and the dominating Everest.
Lhakpa Ri was first climbed by George Mallory back in 1921 during his Everest reconnaissance trip, which was followed by Bill Tilman, Michelle Pelle and Ken McConnell.
Our trip begins with a sweeping flight to Lhasa, spend there couple of days for the sightseeing tour of famous Potala Palace and other religious monasteries with acclimatization. Then start our drive to Rongbuk via Gyantse, Shigatse and Shegar. Upon reaching base camp, after more days of proper acclimatization and preparation, we will start trekking / climbing towards Advance Base Camp. From close to Raphu La, we start our final climb / long walk on snow slopes to reach the Summit of Lhakpa Ri.
The price includes following services:
1. Accommodation sharing twin room at Hotel in Kathmandu for 4 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis.
2. Airport transfers in Kathmandu & Lhasa.
3. Guided sightseeing tour as per itinerary with applicable entrance fees.
4. Hotel / Guest House accommodation in Tibet as per itinerary on full board basis.
5. Transportation by private vehicle.
6. English speaking Tibetan Guide throughout the trip in Tibet.
7. Camping arrangement as per itinerary backed by Nepali Crew at Everest BC, Interim Camp, ABC and Higher Camps on full board basis.
8. All applicable Climbing Permit and Entry Fees.
9. Yak & Yakmen to carry loads between BC-ABC-BC.
10. Transportation Kathmandu – Tibet Border – Kathmandu by private non AC Vehicle.
11. Service of Nepalese Climbing Sherpas with their equipment allowance, daily wages and insurance.
12. Royalty payable to Tibet Government for Nepalese staff.
13. High Altitude Tents, Rations, EPI Gases, Pots and Pans for High Altitude Camps.
14. Walkie Talkie for communication purpose.
15. Supply of Satellite Phone for emergency use.
16. Supply of Medical Kit for emergency use.
17. Tibet Visa Fees.
our price does not include followings:
1. International flights to / from Kathmandu.
2. Nepal entry visa fees.
3. Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu Hotel.
4. Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
5. Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
6. Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
7. Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.
8. Personal clothing and all sorts of personal climbing gear.