This is one of the most classic and rewarding trekking in Nepal that Himalaya Expeditions “HimEx” has introduced. It is also one of the first and pioneering trekking to observe the harvest of the mystical herbs “Yarsagumba” that are found in the Himalayan region of Nepal and Tibet. This interesting trekking occurs during the peak season of the harvest when people from far and wide come here in search of the plan that is very unique amongst the rich flora and herbs that abound within this high hills and meadows. This famous trekking destination offers panoramic views of the three giant and the highest 8000m mountain range Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Manaslu including arrays of over 6000m snow capped peaks. Yarsagumba is a Nepali term for the Tibetan name "dbyar rtswa dgun'bu" (summer grass, winter worm) for a rare fungus that parasites on the body of a caterpillar of a moth (genus THITARODES). This so-called CATERPILLAR FUNGUS (CORDYCEPS, or also HIOCORDYCEPS SINENSIS) grows only at high altitudes in Tibet, Nepal, China, Bhutan and North-East India. Yarsagumba has been of great importance in terms of its medical effects. In fact, it has been an integral component in Traditional Chinese Medicine for many years. However, due to its constantly growing demand and difficulties in harvesting, yarsagumba has become the most expensive medicinal substance in the world.
Price includes following services:
1. Accommodation sharing twin at Hotel in Kathmandu for 4 nights & Hotel in Pokhara for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis.
2. Airport transfers in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
3. Half day guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu with applicable entrance fees.
4. Internal flight Pokhara / Kathmandu with applicable airport taxes.
5. Trekking arrangement backed by Sherpa Guide and porter/s using local homes on full board basis.
6. Applicable Special Trekking Permit & Conservation Fees.
7. Transportation Kathmandu / Beshisahar & Trek / Pokhara by private Non AC Vehicle.
8. Insurance for Nepalese crew.
Our price does not include followings:
1. International flights to / from Kathmandu.
2. Nepal entry visa fees.
3. Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu & Pokhara Hotel.
4. Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
5. Rescue evacuation in case of emergency.
6. Personal clothing and personal trekking gear including sleeping bag & down jacket.
7. Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
8. Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
9. Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.